Monday, July 4, 2011

I am Number 4


Title: I am Number 4
Author: Pittacus Lore
Publisher: New York : Harper (2010)
ISBN: 9780061969553 0061969559
Pages: 440
Characters: John Smith, Henri Smith, Mogadorians, Sam Goode, Sarah Hart, Mark James, Bernie Kosar
Bookmarks: 4 1/2

The planet Lorien has been destroyed by the Mogadorians. Earth is their next target. Lorien and Earth have one hope- the 9 children and their guardians who were sent away from Lorien to try to give the planet a chance to be re-populated. John is one of those children, number 4. The Mogardians know that in order to win Earth, they will have to wipe out the children. 1, 2, and 3 are dead. They are coming after John. He has only his Legacies, Henri his guardian, and his friends to help him. Will he and his new found Earth friends be able to defeat the Mogaradorians who are out to kill him?

I loved this book! Normally, I don't go for the whole aliens among us genre. Not that I don't enjoy the idea, usually books in this genre get a little too Star Trek for me. I am Number 4 didn't. It was completely believable. Loved the fast pace and the anticipation that Lore built as John's Legacies developed. For once, I was actually surprised when reading a book with the unexpected development when the Mogadorians arrived to kill John.

No comments:

Post a Comment